Skip to main content

Writing Your Own Book: Getting Started

Hello all!

Recently many people have come across asking me how I actually get about writing a book or an eBook. Some of the questions that now I'm been tired of answering  are:

  •  Can anyone do it or are there any special skills required?
  •  Is the process simple or complicated?
  •  How do they get published?
That's why I've decided to dedicate my next series of blog posts to all those curious minds out there who wish to write their own book and get it published for others to read their ideas. I hope to make the process sound as simple as possible.

In this first post about writing your own book, I'll start off with simple tips and tricks to let you get started.

To answer the question " Can anyone do it?", I'd say, "No, not really. But many can". If we could all write, a ghostwriter like myself would not have existed in the first place. And there would be no other way to make money than just by writing. Think if we were all writers, who'd be the readers? 

There's some form creativity you need with words. You need to be able to think out of the box. You need to have an imagination that comes alive as soon as you start reading and must have the ability to transfer this to your readers when you write something down. If this describes you, you can definitely write your own book.


Having determined that you can write, try keeping a pen and a notebook with you and near you all the time. It'd be more appropriate to have a laptop or tablet handy, talking about writing in this era. Now as soon as ideas, thoughts, catchy phrases or narratives start boggling your mind, just jot them down. They might come to you while you're relaxing, reading, lying down on your couch or even halfway during your sleep! For now it'll just be writing everything down so you don't tend to lose anything. Weaving them together to give it the shape of the book come later.

Starting off with a short story, then several short ones and then aiming for a more complicated, well-connected novel or even a series or novels is always good. The more you practice writing, the better you'd get at writing. the better you are, the more your chances of writing a good book and engaging your readers. 

Why  not start today and see if you can come up with something interesting?




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons Why You Should Become a Ghostwriter

Despite having published under my own name, I prefer being a ghostwriter. While ghostwriting is not everyone's cup of tea, it just seems to work perfectly for me. The reasons?  1 . Ghostwriting Pays Well Ghostwriting is a lucrative niche . One of the best things about ghostwriting is that you get paid a handsome amount for it. And you get paid upfront. You don't have to wait to write, publish and then market your book to make any money out of it.    At Ghostwriters' World, I offer other writing services such as copywriting but ghostwriting undoubtedly pays the best. You just have to find the right clients- the ones who will pay you well. 2. You Have to do Less Homework Often your clients will have brilliant ideas and stories that they would want you to work on. This means you would not have to start from scratch. You don't have to come up with your own ideas and voice. You would have an outline or plot to begin with so you'll have to do less homewo...

6 of the Most Common Ghostwriting FAQs Answered: How to Gather Information from the Clients for Ghostwriting Their Books

Ghostwriters out there...whether you are a new ghostwriter or someone thinking of building ghostwriting as a career, ghostwriting may not come easy for you.  You may have many questions boggling your mind or perhaps you have been told off by others to do something unethical. I've been there so I know exactly what you are going through. That's why I've tried to compile a list of the 6 most frequently asked questions about ghostwriting for you in this next series of articles that I'll be posting here. I hope they help simplify things for you a bit. Question #1: How do I get all the information from my client that I need to write his/her book? Answer: Simple, you can gather all the information you need for ghostwriting by communicating effectively with your client that you are ghostwriting the book for. There can be several ways you can do it: a. One-to-one meeting: This is by-far the best form of communication as you sit with your ...

Making Ghostwriting Your Career

Enough information about blogs, websites, search engines, SEO and all those trending topics talking about how you can establish your online presence! Let's get back to the topic of 'ghostwriting', something this blog is originally about. Now, before I go any further, I just want to make sure you know what ghostwriting is. It may sound funny but many people still think it's writing about ghosts, witches and those scary things.  While ghostwriting literally means the same, the main idea behind ghostwriting is that you write on someone else's behalf. So basically, if you know a well-known author out there, he probably wasn't the mastermind behind his books. It was a ghostwriter! Does that sound a bit insane or may be unfair to you? You write something and someone else gets the credit for it....Well to some extent it is, but I still believe  establishing  your career as a ghostwriter  is a wonderful idea. Or at least  that's  w...