Skip to main content

Working for Less Than a Fiver

While it may sound a lot less to work for less than a fiver today, I still think it's a great way to get started. If you think I'm talking gibberish, just bear with me. I'll tell you where and how you can start making money....very little money to start with but with a potential to build up with time....Now, I'm not asking you to do several hours of laborious jobs for a fiver. You can do anything, and that means absolutely ANYTHING!

If you've ever Googled up for freelance jobs, you might have come across freelance websites like like Fiverr, Smobs, Fivesquids and many other similar ones where people sell small services for $5 or £5. With over 200 million gigs selling and more being added each and every day, Fiverr turns out to be the most popular among these.

What to Sell for a Fiver? 

 


Did I mention you can sell anything on Fiverr? I suppose so. You don't need to have a particular skill or talent to become a seller on Fiverr or other similar websites. Just spend a couple of minutes to sign in and start selling. If you're good at singing, dancing, juggling, painting or anything similar, Fiverr has a vacancy waiting for you. If you can draw, sell your art. If you can write, sell your stories. If you're good at designing, sell your creativity.  If you're pretty and can attract clients with your charms, become a model and pose for your clients' Ad. If you've got a good voice, do a voice-over for people's videos.

But what if you think good at nothing? Tell you what- you can still hold a sign with your client's message on or dress up like a popular cartoon character or superhero and say this message. If you live near a popular place or monument, go there and shoot a video of yourself or take pictures with your clients' brand name. You may even write a client's message on various mediums:  sea shells, eggs, pebbles, rocks or anything unique you can come up with.

 Just offer anything you can do for less than $5 or £5. However, do not be prompted to not over exert yourself for such a small amount! Freelancing websites like Fiverr will always take away their cut. It is $1 for every $5 of sales that you make on Fiverr leaving you with only $4. But when you withdraw this sum to your Paypal or bank account, Paypal or your bank will also charge you a  fee leaving you with even less to play with.

What About Writing for a Fiver?


As a freelance writer, I know writing an original piece takes a lot of time and effort. It may not be the best market place for mid-career or established writers  but it  would serve as a great starting place for those who are just starting out. Fiverr might give you a very low profit for it all. You will have to struggle a lot initially, but once you have a fairly good reputation built there, you are bound to be getting quite a lot of work which will keep you going.... At some point in future, I'll  try to share some of the most interesting gigs selling on Fiverr here to give you plenty of ideas to work with.

Go on, give it a shot! Come up with a unique idea and it'll sell. Trust me, everything sells!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

8 Reasons Why You Should Become a Ghostwriter

Despite having published under my own name, I prefer being a ghostwriter. While ghostwriting is not everyone's cup of tea, it just seems to work perfectly for me. The reasons?  1 . Ghostwriting Pays Well Ghostwriting is a lucrative niche . One of the best things about ghostwriting is that you get paid a handsome amount for it. And you get paid upfront. You don't have to wait to write, publish and then market your book to make any money out of it.    At Ghostwriters' World, I offer other writing services such as copywriting but ghostwriting undoubtedly pays the best. You just have to find the right clients- the ones who will pay you well. 2. You Have to do Less Homework Often your clients will have brilliant ideas and stories that they would want you to work on. This means you would not have to start from scratch. You don't have to come up with your own ideas and voice. You would have an outline or plot to begin with so you'll have to do less homewo...

6 of the Most Common Ghostwriting FAQs Answered: How to Gather Information from the Clients for Ghostwriting Their Books

Ghostwriters out there...whether you are a new ghostwriter or someone thinking of building ghostwriting as a career, ghostwriting may not come easy for you.  You may have many questions boggling your mind or perhaps you have been told off by others to do something unethical. I've been there so I know exactly what you are going through. That's why I've tried to compile a list of the 6 most frequently asked questions about ghostwriting for you in this next series of articles that I'll be posting here. I hope they help simplify things for you a bit. Question #1: How do I get all the information from my client that I need to write his/her book? Answer: Simple, you can gather all the information you need for ghostwriting by communicating effectively with your client that you are ghostwriting the book for. There can be several ways you can do it: a. One-to-one meeting: This is by-far the best form of communication as you sit with your ...

Making Ghostwriting Your Career

Enough information about blogs, websites, search engines, SEO and all those trending topics talking about how you can establish your online presence! Let's get back to the topic of 'ghostwriting', something this blog is originally about. Now, before I go any further, I just want to make sure you know what ghostwriting is. It may sound funny but many people still think it's writing about ghosts, witches and those scary things.  While ghostwriting literally means the same, the main idea behind ghostwriting is that you write on someone else's behalf. So basically, if you know a well-known author out there, he probably wasn't the mastermind behind his books. It was a ghostwriter! Does that sound a bit insane or may be unfair to you? You write something and someone else gets the credit for it....Well to some extent it is, but I still believe  establishing  your career as a ghostwriter  is a wonderful idea. Or at least  that's  w...